- What are diamonds made of?
- How old are diamonds and where do they come from?
- Where does the word 'diamond' originate from?
- What does the word 'carat' mean?
- What makes up the value of a diamond?
- What is the powerful magic and mystery of the diamond?
- Where does the custom of the engagement ring come from?
- Why are diamonds the eternal symbol of love?
- What does the diamond that you choose say about you?
- Which one is for you?
No other gem expresses human emotion more powerfully than a diamond. Earth-grown, rare, precious, magical and indestructible. These essential qualities have made diamonds the perfect symbol for true love and romance.
Perhaps the most publicised diamond gifts in modern times have been diamond jewels given by Richard Burton to Elizabeth Taylor. These include a 33 carat brilliant cut diamond worth over US$10 million and a pear-shaped 69 carat Taylor-Burton diamond.
More recently, producer-director Bruce Paltrow demonstrated his love for, and pride in, daughter Gwyneth when, after winning the Best Actress award at the 1999 Oscars, he bought her the stunning 40 carat diamond necklace she had borrowed to wear to the ceremony.