- What are diamonds made of?
- How old are diamonds and where do they come from?
- Where does the word 'diamond' originate from?
- What does the word 'carat' mean?
- What makes up the value of a diamond?
- What is the powerful magic and mystery of the diamond?
- Where does the custom of the engagement ring come from?
- Why are diamonds the eternal symbol of love?
- What does the diamond that you choose say about you?
- Which one is for you?
The custom of wearing a diamond on the fourth finger of the left hand comes from the ancient Egyptians, who believed that the vena amoris (vein of love) runs directly from this finger to the heart.
The romantic tradition of giving a diamond ring as a token of love and commitment began in the 15th century when Archduke Maximilian of Austria gave Mary of Burgundy a diamond ring on their engagement.
Today this tradition continues with passion and absolute importance. Every year throughout the world there are now hundreds of thousands of diamond engagement and anniversary rings gifted with love.
It is now a unique symbol of commitment, woven into our way of life.